Can you spare 3 minutes?
See how a preventable death was misleadingly reported
and how the NHS responded …
My father, Peter Thimbleby, went to hospital and was given an infusion (a saline drip), which was not properly set up and checked. His lungs filled with fluid, which led to heart failure. He died within a few hours.
I asked for the error to be reported so things could be learned. The doctor agreed to do so and to send us his report — but he didn’t.
Watch this 3 minute story to see what happened.